[amibroker] Re: Fourier Transforms

If your time has value, then don't waste it looking into FFT as an
edge in the markets.

If your goal is to make money from the stock/futures market, then
very simple things work as long as you apply good risk/reward
management.

The more complex you make this game, the more you wind up curve
fitting your ideas to try and match what the market is currently
doing.  Don't do that.  You will either eventually lose all of your
risk money and quit this game or quit by sheer frustration.

>From a technical perspective, support and resistance never has been
and never will be "curve fitting".   It exists.  It's an inherent
part of even a RANDOM event system (as many think the markets are
anyway).   It's observable and it's better than a 50/50 edge.  It's
not momentum based so you are never LAGGING the market.  It's just
you standing in front of price (before price gets to you) with the
knowledge that it will reverse more times than not before you get
stopped out.  That's all you need.  You don't need to pay for anyone
else's advice or buy their "proprietary indicators".  That's all just
a game to part you from your money.

Here's what you need to do first:

FORGET about automated strategies if you are not already a successful
market operator.  That's right. Until you have the experience and
skill level to make money by your own hand in the markets FIRST, then
don't ever think that you'll ever find something that works by
throwing math at the markets.  This is a game which involves your
personal interaction with it in order to learn solid lessons in what
to do and not do the next time around.

If you're too scared to trade a live market or place orders by your
own hand some time during the day based on end-of-day data, then you
need to understand something very important in order to save you much
emotional pain and financial anguish:  quit.  That's it.  Game over.
Trading is not for you.   You'll need to either go to T-Bills / CD's
or put your money in the hands of financial professionals who, I
assure you, have no problems throwing your money at gawd knows what
in order to churn out some end-of-year percentage gain or loss and
gawd knows how much that will affect the taxes you pay based on how
much they churned your money in the process.

Inexperienced / unsuccessful traders automate unsuccessful systems.
They have no choice in the matter really.   It's what they do best.

Successful / experienced traders (by their own hand FIRST) have a
good shot at turning what they do that's proven to make money into an
automated system.

It's as simple as that.  I promise you.