Re: [amibroker] (Price * Vol ) as a new indicator?

Dear Tomasz and other members,

Logically, combination of price and vol index is a better indicator than use price or volume indices separately. Price and volume combined eliminates distortion such as when prices increasing while volume decreasing; or conversely when prices decreasing while volume increasing.

My comments on the first formula:

I plot the chart to a stock price chart, this indicator works best if we change Lookback period to 3 and sum period to 6. Changes in direction (either up or down) is a good buy or sell signals.

My comments on the second formula:

The problem with inclusion of volume into an indicator is that sometimes the volume spikes are short-lived, so averaging must be only a shorter period (the shorter the better), otherwise we "missed the train". Change the sum period one to 2 and period two to 4 looks OK. The uptrend continue as far as red line is greater or equal to blue line. If you want to use this chart for day trading, you can change sum period one to 1 and use only red line (short period), ignore the blue line.

Anyway, these formulas need to be refined. Let the expert members do it for all of us. For example how to smoothen the lines from "wild spikes".

Regards,
Kethek