[amibroker] Re: Pattern Searching within AB

Chorlton,

> By price action, I was referring to simply the pattern arrangement
>of
> price (OHLC) over a number of previous bars, maybe coupled with the
> relationship with Volume but this is the next stage.

I think that does include the classic TA patterns but I am all for
taking a fresh look at older ideas - obviously you have something in
mind, or want to take a different approach.

I am quite interested in the subject and have played around trying to
find other, less well known, patterns.

My post isn't an article as such - just a couple of images as a
pictorial comment on Price Action.

The post is definitely there - I always test the links after I post
(at the top of the Recent Posts category in the right hand sidebar).

It should also be the first article at this link.

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/category/uncategorized/

Come back if you still don't find it and I will make a tiny URL later
today.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "chorlton_c_hardy" <chorlton-c-
hardy@xxx> wrote:

> [...]
top
> of
> > that.
> >
> > Specfically I would like to know what type of performance can be
> > squeezed out of the classic patterns and as I understand it
> Thomas's
> > program would allow a second choice programmer like me easy ways
> > do that.
> >
> > I am not concerned if they benchmark below my own efforts - as a
> Tech
> > Analyst I am curios to know that kind of information.
> >
> > But that is me - on to you.
> >
> > I think that the classic chart patterns are 'PriceAction' -
perhaps
> > not in the way that you are thinking of.
> > To me 'PriceAction' is price moved based on the bars (I am biased
> > daily and below) with no indicator that use lookback periods (not
> as
> > a core factor anyway).
> >
> > But I am open to more expansive, or detailed, definitions of
> > PriceAction.
> >
> > I also have had an idea floating around my ideas intray for a
> while,
> > which is:
> >
> > To what extent can we describe patterns in the daily bar (that
> > comprise several bars) by using 1-2 bar patterns in higher
> timeframes?
> >
> > There is a temporary post at the UKB that gives a hint or two at
> > where I am going with that one (don't know how it will translate
> into
> > winning trades).
> >
> > refer to Uncategorized >> Pattern Recognition Across TimeFrames
> >
> > http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/
> >
> > I will take the post down in a few days because I have too
> > many 'open' topics at the UKB already - sorry I can't do a full
> > exposition on the topic at the moment.
> >
> > brian_z
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "chorlton_c_hardy" <chorlton-c-
> > hardy@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Thomas,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the prompt response. I took a look at your site and
> what
> > > is on offer looks impressive.
> > >
> > > However, I should have clarified something in my original post
as
> > > this is unfortunately not exactly what I'm after.
> > >
> > > At the moment my interest is in developing Mech Systems based
on
> > > price action. Even though I have plenty of ideas already which
> am
> > > slowly backtesting, this process takes time and obviously does
> not
> > > always lead to a positive or potentially profitable outcome.
> > >
> > > Consequently, what I'm looking for is something which can look
> back
> > > through a price chart and spot possible repeating patterns
(based
> > on
> > > basic price action) which can be used as a starting point for

AB?