[amibroker] Re: no amibroker book?

Lloyd I agree with you and Brian, however, I am not so sure that
Tomasz could actually write it in such a way that a novice/ beginner
could digest. Not to take anything away from the man he is brilliant
in design and at what he does best.

With all that said there is a need... I bought Howards last book
and "someday" hope to use it when I can write a simple afl and his
new book, I hope that I am wrong... (Howard correct me please) is not
as much about writing SIMPLE afl's as the basics in trading.

Time wasted, Oh yah tons. My fault... Oh yah. I learn different from
the vast majority, however when it clicks I do very very well with
things. Someday...

I do spend an hour at minimum a day reading and not neccesarily
understanding or could I for that matter implement what I have read.

I WILL GET IT but I would pay $120.00 for the very basics in afl in a
minute. In the mean time I use the index and search in the user guide
and do think it could be organized a little better. (the search that
is. index is great for keywords however the examples can be too much
for a beginner? I feel like an idiot but I know that there are others
in my shoes)

Just the same It is one hell of a program if I and others who can't
use it to it's full potential believe that it's still better than a
canned product.

Thanks to all who give of their time for us beginners.

> Brian,
> I totally agree with you on the level of frustration that develops
in
> trying to figure out some of these things that should be simple and
> intuitive. For example, I'm having problems adding volume to the
title
> line. I'll be the first to admit my intellectual limitations-but
I've
> [...]
> > here is my viewpoint.
> >
> > I agree with your suggestion - it is the sensible thing to do and
> > lot are doing just that ("God helps those who help themselves"
> > and "if you want something done do it your self") - you are
correct.

> > I wonder, though, how many thousands of hours you have put into
> > your 'keeps' and whether the majority, who work full time, are
able
> > to match that?
> >
> > However, I also agree with the others that we need a good AFL
book
> > and IMO Tomasz is the man to write it - yes, even if he has to
stop
> > development to do it - take a sabbatical and get out the
feathered
> > pen Tomasz (I don't think Howard is doing an AFL book - although
his
> > books go a long way towards it).
> >
> > I actually drew a temporary line in the sand at starting my own
mini-
> > database of clippings.
> >
> > Reasons:
> >
> > AB is not my first and last love.
> > It has taken an inordinate amount of my time to learn and I still
> > haven't got to the bottom of it.
> > I have to draw the line somewhere since it is my intention to be
> > professional trader and not a professional amibrokerist.
> >
> > As well as that I am a conceptual learner so I want to learn how
> > do it from first principle and not just memorize it like a parrot.
> >
> > Code help is great after you have exhuasted all personal efforts.
> >
> > That is what training should do - teach us how to do it from
first
> > princples rather than keeping a compendium of everyone elses past
> > solutions.
> >
> > As well as that I have a philosophical objection to 1000's of
people
> > having to labour away in private over their own AB training
manuals
> > (a very inefficient use of precious HUMAN resources - "life is a
> > short warm moment, death is along cold rest" - Pink Floyd).
> >
> > Also I like books.
> > They represent 10 -20 years of the authors live (the best part of
it)
> > packed into a considered, ordered and edited presentation, all
for
> > the bargain basement price of around $100 bucks.
> >
> > Given the choice I would rather have a Tomasz 500 page AFL book
than
> > anyone's 5000 page compendium of forum clips etc.
> >
> > brian_z
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Why not do what I have done over the years, any useful tips
from
> > posts
> > > are pasted to my own library
> > >
> > > There is a wealth of information in the various sources, it is
just
> > > matter of reading and working through the tons of examples. eg
AB
> > > library, AB yahoo groups file libraries, AB yahoo groups posts
> > (search
> > > for different topics/keywords), User Knowledge base, AB
Knowledge
> > > base, AB members area, and not to forget the AB help files (that
> > > contain a great search facility), and probably a few more I
cannot
> > > recall from top of the head
> > >
> > > --
> > > Cheers