Re: [amibroker] Re: no amibroker book?

Lloyd>>>I, also would like to see a presentation using first principles. My
understanding is that Howard will be completing an entry level book
this spring as soon as he completes some obligations this month.

It might be a better book if Howard and Graham were to agree to JOINTLY
write the book.   The best and most understandable explanations that have
been given to me have been those from  Graham.   Graham seems to have an
outstanding ability to describe things in a very understandable way.   Here
is his description of SUM from the user manual.  Ron D
Sum adds up the last "n" number of bars. It sums whatever you put into the
first part of the sum formula.

Cum(1) adds 1 to the previous value of Cum, so the first bar is 1 and it
just keeps adding one to the last bar value of cum(1).
You can use Cum to add anything, like how many times you get rising days in
the entire chart:

Rise = C>O; //this gives results of 0 or 1
TotalRise = Cum(Rise);

You could limit this as well to time periods, or any other condition Example
would be one for total rise days since 1995:

RecentRise = C>O and Year()>=1995; //this gives results of 0 or 1
TotalRise = Cum(RecentRise);

If you wanted to know how many rising days in the last 12 bars you would
use:

LastRises = Sum(Rise,12);

Hope this helps