[amibroker] Re: no amibroker book?

To all,

Thanks for the excellent and thoughtful comments, especially the wise
counsel from the 'elders' - there wasn't a bad one amongst them.

Unfortunately I mailed replies privately by mistake.
For the forums benefit - a short recap.

I agree that it is part of Tomasz's successful (in the past) chosen
business plan/vision and also part of his personal style.

The help manual is lagging behind the program and the AFL reference
doesn't do justice.

Tomasz's teaching style is very unusual and doesn't suit all - it is
a kind of cryptic language all of of its own - perhaps considered
perhaps not.

It doesn't have to be a book (that is my bias) electronic is easier
to disseminate and maintain.

Herman - you are a unique individual - most of the rest of us are not
ready for you but that doesn't make you wrong (I'll try to keep up
with you).

I'm very grateful for what Howard is doing for us - perhaps he will
save the day in the end.

If I knew half as much as Tomasz about AB and programming I would
love to write an AB/AFL book.

Graham is a natural teacher but I dont think he wants the job
(formally).

Tomasz is free to do what he wants (as we all are).

Anyone who takes on a leadership role in any field (sport, family,
business) soon finds that their responsibilities grow exponentially
especially with regard to the least amongst them.

The UKB has made a good start - I can't personally do justice to AFL -
 the site does depend on a variety of authors to provide balance -
imagine what it would look like if every long term AB user posted one
article on their favorite AB/trading subject?

Tomasz has actually provided us with 4 maintained user databases (AFL
library, AB forum, third party site and the UKB). The UKB is the only
fully structured user site.

Our lives are not our own - we all have duties that we try to
complete so that we can get some time to ourselves.

We all have to quietly balance personal with our public lives.

We all have to priortize - I am just wondering if AB has overbalanced
and put development to far ahead of delivery.

The kids are our future but the future is here now.
Have a look at their sites and you will see how they prefer to
exchange information.

I WON'T COMMENT ANY FURTHER.
THE TOPIC HAS BEEN VERY WELL CANVASSED.
THNKS FOR HEARING MY OPINION.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ronald Davis <xokie7@xxx> wrote:

> Lloyd>>>I, also would like to see a presentation using first
principles. My
> understanding is that Howard will be completing an entry level book
> this spring as soon as he completes some obligations this month.
>
> It might be a better book if Howard and Graham were to agree to
JOINTLY

=====