Re: [amibroker] Helicopter Ben :-)

Hello Yuki,

I'm glad you thought to take exception to my off handed comments.  It
generated a lot of thoughts on this thread.
As far as my politics and religion are concerned, I am happy to share
my thoughts.  I am a religious liberal and a political centrist.
Neither left, right, top , nor bottom.  I believe that everyone with
a sound argument is right, even when they are in direct opposition
with another person's sound argument.  There is little black and
white in this world.  Most are shades of gray and what is right
depends on the particular time and situation.  Good advice for stock
traders too.

As far as free markets are concerned vs government interference, I am
for the maximum amount of freedom that is practical.  I believe the
role of the government should be to encourage entrepreneurship and
competition, while ensuring a level playing field.  The government
should only get directly involved in sponsoring things that are in
the public's best and long term interest.  Things that the private
sector will not tackle do due to the scale of the project or the lack
of profit motive.  Many things fall into this category, but not as
many as the government tries to control now.

Instead of our recent governments focus on 4 year election cycles, it
should focus on making the WORLD healthy and prosperous 100 years
out.  However, I also believe that people get the government they
deserve (in a democracy).  If the average individual is voting for
movie stars instead of statesmen, then they will get bedtime stories
and special interests controlling the government instead of real
progress.  Most voters base their choice on a single point of selfish
interest!

I am well aware of the shortcomings of the average person to be
fearful of not getting all that is possible (greed), or fearful of
losing what they have.  It is all just a big game with a set of
agreed rules.  However, we do need a referee to call foul and make
sure the rules are followed, or we will end up settling our
differences in most unpleasant ways.

Peace to you,
Dennis