Re: [amibroker] Helicopter Ben :-)

Hi Dennis,

Think about what you said compared to the reality of the situation.
Nearly unregulated free-market capitalism (as in CDOs, SIVs, et al)
just about brought down the house.

It's a funny cognitive dissonance.  Ultra-right religious
conservatives (not saying you are one), who are often also pure
laissez faire market people (ditto), accept the negatives of human
nature as inevitable when it comes to moral issues.  But somehow,
this same negative human nature is presumed, one would apparently
suppose, to just vanish once human beings step forth into the holy
cathedral of completely unregulated capitalism.  "Let the markets run
themselves completely," they say.  But every time they get their way,
they or the markets just about run the truck into a ditch.

There.  If you start a thread with serious potential for *conflict*,
Dennis, load the wagons!  ^_-

Yuki

P.S.  Given the non-zero sum nature of equity markets, and their
size, it's probably not a bad idea to do something in an attempt to
stop potentially trillions upon trillions of dollars from simply
being panicked out of existence.  Money is simply uncreated, to use a
rather ugly phrase, for the most part. That was allowed to happen in
the early 1930s, with pretty sad consequences.