Re: [amibroker] Re: I try to compile the ASCII data plugin from ADK. From: Keith McCombs

Hemant --
I am afraid that you may find at least one professional programmers who do not agree with your statement regarding .NET.

The original author of this thread said that he was using Win2K and that VC++ 2008 Express was therefore not a choice for him.

Also, could you please preserve all previous thread comments when you respond.  It makes it so much easier for readers (I suppose you do expect others to read your comments) to follow the complete discussion.  A see no reason to go out of your way to save bits, at the expense of additional effort by yourself and others.
-- Keith

hemant bhai wrote:

AmiBroker User's List>1a. Re: I try to compile the ASCII
data plugin from ADK. From: Keith McCombs
>See:
>http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=52748&SiteID=1&pageid=0#1157102

>It looks like afxwin.h only comes with VC++ V6,

afaik MFC (the newer versions) is still supported in VC
2008. You could try the (free) VC++ 2008 Express edition.
VC6 MFC had a lot of bugs.

For GUI applications C++ has become dated and most
(professional) programmers on Windows have moved to .NET for
GUI work. It is so much more productive. The loss in
performance is negligible. These days hard core c++ work for
Windows is mostly done in g++ or vc++ using "make".