Re: [amibroker] Import TickData

By definition, there is no open, high, low, close in tick data. Just the price and the time. If you want to see bars, you would have to change the format to a time, say 1 minute so you could see the high and low for that period.

----- Original Message ----
From: martin.uhlich <martin.uhlich@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 1:30:57 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Import TickData

Hi,
I´m on my way to figure out how to get a trading simulation software
for me newby to learn. Two weeks ago I posted the question, if its
possible to replay tickdata with amibroker for simulation.

The answers were more positive than negative, so I decided to
download amibroker 5.00

I´ve historical tick data of the Dax Future (Eurex). I have seperated
one day of data (csv) and I tried to import it to AB with the import
wizard. But it wasn´t successful.
The problem: the data: Name; Date; Time; Price; Volume !!! That´s it!
There´s no open, close, high, low price. No bar-spezifikations, just
one (tick) price.
I don´t know if it´s possible to import the tick data I described
with the wizard in AB? Is there an other way? And if yes, how to do
that?

And by the way, if there is a way to import the data and replay it
(for example for times faster than realtime), can I place orders
manually? Or is this simulation mode only for testing automated
trading systems in back tests?

Thank´s for answers

Martin

Building a website is a piece of cake.
Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online. __._,_.___