[amibroker] Re: exploration bug or programming error???

Hi Joe,

thnx.

what problem i am facing is that while the writeif signal is coming
wrong; for the same indicator if i output the variable value directly
in exploration window it comes correctly. the colour change also is
coming right for few indicators and failing for some indicators.

date range shudnt create a problem i think.i have checked the same
over 10 yrs of data and there was no error except the above error
regd buy/sell signal of writeif.....the numerical variable output is
correct....

I was trusting the signal untill i found that it is erroneous....

if u can throw sum light??

rgds

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe Landry" <jelandry@xxx> wrote:

> I'm senior in age but not AFL skills, but regardless - your algo
seems to work for me if I scan
> a watchlist, like Barron's 400 or equivalent.
> I've seen other "more" senior guys/gals use this to get the results
of the last day no matter where you set the date range; and I get
buys and sells on the last day for the list, and I also get buys and
sells for a single price array.
> HTH
> Joe L.
> Filter = 1 AND Status("lastbarinrange");

indicators but somehow the exploration is gving wrong signal. While
the indicator values shows correct positive/negative values, the
signal remains buy. Even for many indicators the colour changes to
red/green but somehow the signal (thru writeif) gves wrong indication.

>   Anybody pls help.....since it contains too many indicators , i am
pasting code of one of indicators using macd crossover... pls check
my writeif for buy which is gving error.

>   PS: do we need to set the variables to null at the end so that
the cache is not carrying over a wrong signal for the next day? but
if it does then how come the colour of column is changing correctly?
where is the bug?

>   //macd crossover
>
>   p = Param("P",12,3,36,2);
>
>   q = Param("Q",26,3,52,2);
>
>   r = Param("R",9,3,15,1);
>
>   EMA1= EMA(Close,p);
>
>   EMA2= EMA(EMA1,p);
>
>   Difference= EMA1 - EMA2;
>
>   ZeroLagEMAp= EMA1 + Difference;
>
>   EMA1= EMA(Close,q);
>
>   EMA2= EMA(EMA1,q);
>
>   Difference= EMA1 - EMA2;
>
>   ZeroLagEMAq= EMA1 + Difference;
>
>   ZeroLagMACD=ZeroLagEMAp - ZeroLagEMAq;
>
>   EMA1= EMA(ZeroLagMACD,r);
>
>   EMA2= EMA(EMA1,r);
>
>   Difference= EMA1 - EMA2;
>
>   ZeroLagTRIG= EMA1 + Difference;
>
>   //buy signal till macd is abv signal
>
>   spmacd_buy=zerolagmacd>zerolagtrig;
>
>   spmacd_val= WriteIf((zerolagmacd-
zerolagtrig>0), "Buy", "Sell");// error...remains buy always