[amibroker] Simple question about BarCount

I have what should be a simple question about BarCount but cannot get
a definitive answer from the AB documentation. FYI, I am working on
daily data.

What exactly does BarCount represent? The AB help says:

BarCount constant gives the number of bars in array (such as Close,
High, Low, Open, Volume, etc). Array elements are numbered from 0
(zero) to BarCount-1.

So, I understand that it is the size of the arrays (I'm an old C
programmer). But, I assumed that if I have a loop such as:
for (i = 0; i < BarCount, i++)
{
   do work on C[i];
}

I would do work on every Close value that is *in the database for the
symbol that is opened*. But, it does not seem to work this way (?).

When I print out the value of BarCount, I notice that it changes as I
change the Zoom factor (i.e., clicking +,-). And, the only way to get
BarCount to reflect all data is to zoom as as far as it can go. So, I
thought maybe it represents the number of bars displayed as adjusted
by the zoom. But, from a visual inspection, it is obviously not that
(maybe related, but not exact).

Is there any way to operate on symbol data for all data that has been
loaded into the database, regardless of the zoom factor?