RE: [amibroker] Re: Quotes Plus Industry groups

Allan,

If you follow the instructions I sent you for creating the new Quote Plus database you will not have any undefined sectors in the NEW database.  To my knowledge the only way to get rid of them in an old database is to go into Symbol > Organize and delete them.

Donald F Lindberg

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of matrix10014
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 2:40 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Quotes Plus Industry groups

Hi Don,
Tomasz and Ara were kind enough to help out.You have to create a new
database.If you can figure out how to remove undefined sectors,I am
all ears.Apparantly I created them while playing with ATC

>From Tomasz,

"They may have changed structure since you were using AB last time
so I recommend to
create NEW database
File->NEW->DATABASE
instead of re-using old one
and then you should have correct sector/industry scheme.

Also "undefined" sector is the sector which holds symbols/industries
that are not assigned to any particular sector"
(for example composites).

Allan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Don Lindberg" <dlindber@xx.>
wrote:

> Allan,
>
> I see what you are saying now. I looked in Symbol>Organize and
realize that
> I also have the "old dead" industries. Since I am not sure what
file holds
> this information, I don't know where to go to clean it up. I will
do some
> research and see what I can find. If Tomasz is monitoring, perhaps
he can
> give us a hint. If I find an answer I will share it. My feeling
is its not
> a big issue as these empty industries do nothing that gets in the
way of
> using AmiBroker, its just a case of clean appearance.
>

> Donald F Lindberg
>
> _____

On Behalf
> [...]
> > If you look at your symbol list under Sectors, you will see each
> Sector with
> > its corresponding Industry members, and under each Industry the
> > corresponding member stocks.
> >

> > Hope this helps,
> >

> > Donald F Lindberg
> >
> > _____
> >
> > From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> [mailto:amibroker@yahoogrou <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com]
> On Behalf
> > Of matrix10014
> > Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 7:44 PM
> > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Quotes Plus Industry groups
> >

> > Hi Don,
> > Are you referring to Quotes Plus SPP program,or are you saying
> that
> > Quotes Plus will automatically assign industries and sectors
> within
> > Ami...It appears that I still have the 200 QP industry groups in
> AMI
> > as opposed to the consolidated 150 in QP....
> >
> > How would I update the sectors in Ami to match QP??
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Allan
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com, "Don
> > Lindberg" <dlindber@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Allan,
> > >
> > > QP will automatically assign sectors and industries as well as
> > showing all
> > > the members of all of the groups. In addition each Saturday QP
> > downloads
> > > the group rotations, which I find very useful. As far as
setting
> > up ATC,
> > > since I don't know what you were doing I can't help you on
> > changing it.
> > > Little more info, and we'll see what we can do.
> > >

> > > Don Lindberg
> > >
> > > _____
> > >
> > > From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com
> > [mailto:amibroker@yahoogrou <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com]
> > On Behalf
> > > Of matrix10014
> > > Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 6:31 PM
> > > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com
> > > Subject: [amibroker] Quotes Plus Industry groups
> > >

> > > Hi all,
> > > I am giving Amibroker another shot after having difficulties
> > setting
> > > up my database in a sector/group/stock format...This time
> around,I
> > > plan on keeping it much simpler..
> > >
> > > If i am not mistaken Quotes Plus has decreased the number of
> > industry
> > > groups fromm 200 to 150 since the last time I ran ATC and
Ami.In
> > my
> > > group 253,I have apx 200 groups.What should I do to set up the
> > group
> > > structure in Ami to mirror the 150 group structure in Quotes
> Plus??
> > >
> > > Any and all help appreciated
> > >
> > > Allan