[amibroker] Re: Quotes Plus Industry groups

Hi Don,
Tomasz and Ara were kind enough to help out.You have to create a new
database.If you can figure out how to remove undefined sectors,I am
all ears.Apparantly I created them while playing with ATC

>From Tomasz,

"They may have changed structure since you were using AB last time
so I recommend to
create NEW database
File->NEW->DATABASE
instead of re-using old one
and then you should have correct sector/industry scheme.

Also "undefined" sector is the sector which holds symbols/industries
that are not assigned to any particular sector"
(for example composites).

Allan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Don Lindberg" <dlindber@xxx>
wrote:

> Allan,
>
> I see what you are saying now.  I looked in Symbol>Organize and
realize that
> I also have the "old dead" industries. Since I am not sure what
file holds
> this information, I don't know where to go to clean it up. I will
do some
> research and see what I can find. If Tomasz is monitoring, perhaps
he can
> give us a hint.  If I find an answer I will share it.  My feeling
is its not
> a big issue as these empty industries do nothing that gets in the
way of
> using AmiBroker, its just a case of clean appearance.
>

> Donald F Lindberg
>
>   _____

On Behalf
> [...]
> > If you look at your symbol list under Sectors, you will see each
> Sector with
> > its corresponding Industry members, and under each Industry the
> > corresponding member stocks.
> >

> > Hope this helps,
> >

> > Donald F Lindberg
> >
> > _____
> >
> > From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com]
> On Behalf
> > Of matrix10014
> > Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 7:44 PM
> > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Quotes Plus Industry groups
> >

> > Hi Don,
> > Are you referring to Quotes Plus SPP program,or are you saying
> that
> > Quotes Plus will automatically assign industries and sectors
> within
> > Ami...It appears that I still have the 200 QP industry groups in
> AMI
> > as opposed to the consolidated 150 in QP....
> >
> > How would I update the sectors in Ami to match QP??
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Allan
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com, "Don
> > Lindberg" <dlindber@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Allan,
> > >
> > > QP will automatically assign sectors and industries as well as
> > showing all
> > > the members of all of the groups. In addition each Saturday QP
> > downloads
> > > the group rotations, which I find very useful. As far as
setting
> > up ATC,
> > > since I don't know what you were doing I can't help you on
> > changing it.
> > > Little more info, and we'll see what we can do.
> > >

> > > Don Lindberg
> > >
> > > _____
> > >
> > > From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com
> > [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com]
> > On Behalf
> > > Of matrix10014
> > > Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 6:31 PM
> > > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com
> > > Subject: [amibroker] Quotes Plus Industry groups
> > >

> > > Hi all,
> > > I am giving Amibroker another shot after having difficulties
> > setting
> > > up my database in a sector/group/stock format...This time
> around,I
> > > plan on keeping it much simpler..
> > >
> > > If i am not mistaken Quotes Plus has decreased the number of
> > industry
> > > groups fromm 200 to 150 since the last time I ran ATC and
Ami.In