[amibroker] Re: Quotes Plus Industry groups

Hi Don,
That is exactly what I was looking for.The only issue that remains
is "cleaning" up the Sectors tree.There are now the 10 major sectors
with their respective industries and stocks.The problem is I also
have many empty sectors such as Aerospace/Defense,
Telecommunications, Tobacco and a duplicate Utilities Sector from
the previous setup.I was hoping that the old sector format would be
completely overwritten,but that did no occur.Any thoughts on how I
can resolve this??? And thank you for your help..

Allan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Don Lindberg" <dlindber@xxx>
wrote:

> Allan,
>
> If you have your database settings set correctly Quotes Plus will
do all the
> work. Here is what you should check:
>
> Go to File>Database Settings. Verify that you have Quotes Plus
data Plug-in
> selected as Data Source and Local data storage Enabled. Now click
on the
> Configure tab.
>
> You should have checked Stocks, Indexes AND Sector/ Industry
assignments.
> You might also want to exclude symbols without quotes, but that
has nothing
> to do with Sector/Industries, just keeps a cleaner database.
>
> Now click on the Retrieve button, and you are done.
>
> At this point all of you stocks are assigned sector/industry by
Quotes Plus.
> If you look at your symbol list under Sectors, you will see each
Sector with
> its corresponding Industry members, and under each Industry the
> corresponding member stocks.
>

> Hope this helps,
>

> Donald F Lindberg
>
>   _____

On Behalf
> Of matrix10014
> Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 7:44 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Quotes Plus Industry groups
>

> Hi Don,
> Are you referring to Quotes Plus SPP program,or are you saying
that
> Quotes Plus will automatically assign industries and sectors
within
> Ami...It appears that I still have the 200 QP industry groups in
AMI
> as opposed to the consolidated 150 in QP....
>
> How would I update the sectors in Ami to match QP??
>
> Thanks
>
> Allan
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com, "Don
> Lindberg" <dlindber@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Allan,
> >
> > QP will automatically assign sectors and industries as well as
> showing all
> > the members of all of the groups. In addition each Saturday QP
> downloads
> > the group rotations, which I find very useful. As far as setting
> up ATC,
> > since I don't know what you were doing I can't help you on
> changing it.
> > Little more info, and we'll see what we can do.
> >

> > Don Lindberg
> >
> > _____
> >
> > From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com]
> On Behalf
> > Of matrix10014
> > Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 6:31 PM
> > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> > Subject: [amibroker] Quotes Plus Industry groups
> >

> > Hi all,
> > I am giving Amibroker another shot after having difficulties
> setting
> > up my database in a sector/group/stock format...This time
around,I
> > plan on keeping it much simpler..
> >
> > If i am not mistaken Quotes Plus has decreased the number of
> industry
> > groups fromm 200 to 150 since the last time I ran ATC and Ami.In
> my
> > group 253,I have apx 200 groups.What should I do to set up the
> group
> > structure in Ami to mirror the 150 group structure in Quotes
Plus??