Re: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker Users' Knowledge Base

Several times today I've seen comments from writers wanting indicators that will make profits.  We all want that, of course.  I've always believed that TA is both art and science.  Howard Bandy is the quintessential scientist.  He programs great detail into AB, and does a wonderful, systematic job of explaining it all.  But he will also tell you that no indicator works all of the time.  Part of the art of trading is recognizing when your indicators/system is not working enough to consider it broken.  For this reason, even indicators that are working  must be taken with a grain of salt if offered here as profit makers.  The indicator may be working with the particular confluence of market conditions we have had recently, but with the markets constantly changing which of the changes will affect the indicator?  Most of us use multiple indicators, but recognizing when do you need to shift emphasis from one to the other is where the art comes in.

I have Howard's book and it is well worth the money.  It costs a tiny fraction of what buying, running and trading with AB does.  I can assure you it is a good investment.

Will Hepburn

Howard B wrote:
Hi Dave --

If the information you need does not show up in UKB, you might check my book -- it has sections on several of the topics you mention.

Here is a URL to the page that lets you read the Preface, Contents, Index, and two chapters.

http://www.quantitativetradingsystems.com/book.html

Thanks,
Howard
www.quantitativetradingsystems.com