Re: [amibroker] Re: Ranking of MG Industry Groups

Dave,

I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly you want to have a ranking number returned in the output column for each metric.....so the resulting output will have numbers of 1-240 not the raw data?

Graham <kavemanperth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Have you tried searching the AB library for ranking AFL already written?

--
Cheers
Graham

On 26/06/07, marketmonk777 <RedEyes777@xxxxxxcom> wrote:
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Gordon Sutherland" <gosuth@xxx> wrote:
> >
> > Check-out the function:
> >
> > SetSortColumns( col1, col2, .... )
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Gordon Sutherland
>
> Hi Gordon,
>
> That is a good solution for multi column sorting but I really am
> looking to rank each industry group based on various time frames.
>
> Here is an excerpt from an Automatic Analysis that I had to change to
> vertical in order to properly show it in this posting:
>

> Ticker MG851
> Date/Time 6/22/2007
> Name Internet Service Providers
> Close 24.2
> 1P % -0.4
> 1P R 38 I inserted this 1 Day change rank
> 5P % 0.3
> 21P % 2 Want to add 5 day, 21 day, 63 day and 255 day Ranks
> 63P % 35
> 255P % 116
> NL 21 No
> ATR5 0.39
> ADR5 0.39
> HC 732.34
> L YR C 13.78
> YTD % 75.6
> YTD R 1 Another row I inserted to show YTD Rank
>
> So all I am trying to do is rank each of the percentage change columns
> from 1 to 240 (best to worst) in this one AA report.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/

> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Got a little couch potato?
Check out fun summer activities for kids. __._,_.___