[amibroker] Re: matching grid to syleOwnScale

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Esteban <EstebanUno@xxx> wrote:
> keep perspective by using a constant scale... For example in a
> tight range I don't want bars using the whole plot area, but would
> like to keep it confined to an area of the plot that keeps the
> range in perspective to the rest of the chart that is not in view.

Ahh, now I understand exactly what you are saying.  There's a trick
I've used in the past to programatically set a minimum range for
the y-axis.  If, for example, I want a minimum y-axis range of -10
to +10, even if the data are much smaller, I can do the following:

backgroundColor = <fillInYourBackgroundColorHere>;
dummyHigh = 10;
dummyLow = -10;
plot(myData, "Data I Want To See", colorBlue, styleBar|styleThick);
plot(dummyHigh, "", backgroundColor);  // invisible plot
plot(dummyLow,  "", backgroundColor);  // invisible plot

Of course, if some values of myData exceed +/-10, the axis will
expand according.  If you wanted an absolutely fixed axis over
all timeframes, you could set
  dummyHigh = lastValue(highest(myData));  and
  dummyLow  = lastValue(lowest(myData));

Tom