[amibroker] Re: ASX Fundamental Data and Dividends indicator

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "angyhallows" <angyhallows@xxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone know how to get free ASX fundamental Datas? And know how
> importe them into Amibroker?
> And also, is there an indicator that could get pluged in on the chart
> that tells the ex date and the pay date of the dividend? The IC
> Investor software has that indicator.
>
> Thank  you
>
> Angy

Hello Angy,

A worthwhile idea.

Not so easy to implement.

The software I have used in the past, that provides this feature, lacks
many of the other essential features that I need, hence my ownership of
AB.

Re Free Fdata.

Not easy to come by anywhere, especially for free.

Personally I decided to move to the US markets about a year or two ago
because it is a more viable market to trade in many ways, including a
wider range of data providers.

Even in the large American market, I can't find any source of quality
free Fdata. They just don't give it away.
The exception might be the Edgar SEC site, but I don't have the skills
or the patience to scrape sites like that and patch it all together.

As Michael said, I would rather pay for it (less pain for the gain).

Re Aussie Fdata.

The last time I looked (2 years ago?) the one and only quality provider
of ASX fdata, for retail traders, was AspectEquities.

http://www.aspecthuntley.com.au/

The price ranges from $AUD300 PA for key fdata for the top 200
companies up to 2-3000 PA for commercial level packages (more
companies, electronic copies of full financial statements etc).

The cheapest package did provide ASCII search and export on all key
fdata fields for the top compnaies including current analyst estimates
(analyst estimates are an expensive item of data anywhere I have
looked).

The same access is provided free (?) for Etrade customers, but you then
have to accept their commission structure and maybe pay in other
indirect ways.

Re using fdata in AB.

It is easy enough to write an indicator to flag div dates within AB.

The ODBC plugin is the way to access the data (not all that difficult).

So, once again, it is getting the data that is the hard part.
If you can get it in one nice, easy to manage, easy to update file,
then I am sure someone could show you how to access it via the ODBC
(others are doing it).

Good to hear from you guys.

Oz Falcon - Thanks for the leads.

Brian.