Re: [amibroker] Re: once again, this AFL fights you every step of the way. Sorry, this is a badl

Hi Allan, Randy .... My frustration in these discussions is that an outsider could get the impression we should blame AFL for her complexity. But we all should know that if the same people complaining about AFL would start using another programming language, they will encounter exactly the same problems. So if you don't want to program, use a Wizard or ask somebody else to do the job. And in many cases you then will find the real problem. It's not the technical but the logical part that brings you the complexity ...

Regards, Ton.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 1:54 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: once again, this AFL fights you every step of the way. Sorry, this is a badl

Homer may be a bit "negative",and could stand to soften his
approach,but there is some truth to what he says.I spent an
inordinate amount of time attempting to learn to code in AFL(looping
and scaling in/out) and simply gave up.Would a well written AFL for
Dummies go a long way? Certainly.Do I expect it or demand it?
Certainly not.With that said,I do hope that the Wizard develops to a
point where looping and scaling in/out of positions will be
available and the semi advanced users can then see the proper way to
code the more advanced functions...

Allan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Randy Mueller" <rmuell24@xx.>
wrote:

> Dope? Not necessarily. Annoying? Definitely.
>
> You CONSTANTLY criticize everything. The tone of your emails is
very confrontational. You're always telling us how much experience
you have, and how bad everything is. Why don't you just create your
own program and then everything will be exactly as you want it.
You've obviously got strong opinions on how things should be done,
so just do it and shut up. That way we won't have to read your
undeserved bashing of what everybody else considers to be a very
robust product with exceptional support.

> If you can't be more civil, I'm on board with the other user that
would like to see you just go away.

system. In
> > AFL I have found that most variables are arrays unless you
program
> > your system to explicitly work bar-by-bar in a loop. I have
done both
> > with AmiBroker and find it to an excellent platform.
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Homar Simpson" <x77777x@>
wrote:

> > > Maybe the poorly worded documentation, spotty examples, and
lousy
> > > debugging and error messages have something to do with it, I
pity
> > non
> > > programmers, they have no shot at all.
> > >
> > > Sorry, but either I'm suffering from early alzheimers or
this
> > product
> > > needs work.
> > >
> > > Makes microsoft docs read like Shakespear.
> > >
> > > Just trying to figure out WHAT is an array, what isnt, whats
looped
> > > ,and what isnt is more work than this is worth, By the time
I got
> > it
> > > all straight, I'd have no strength to develop a system
> > >
> > > I'm sure MANY have given up on AB for these reasons.

> > > everyone to

> > > with the
> > > Then and
You need