[amibroker] Re: Fundamental Data

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "M. N. Busigin" <mbusigin-yahoo

>   For the ultimate in statistical analysis, I'd
> definitely want to use something along the lines of Matlab, maple or
> even GNU R.

Thanks for the leads.
I'll check them out.
PSV recommended Matlab in a previous discussion.

> Microsoft SQL Sever Express is actually free, though I'm unsure of
how
> it is crippled from the "non-lite" version.  I'm sure that the stock
> functions it includes would suit my purposes.

Another thanks.
Didn't know about that one.
For me it definifitely comes down to comparing the available
functions.

> In terms of statistics, I can't really see myself going too much
past
> correlation coefficients.  Are you planning on delving deeper than
that?

Yes, I would go beyond that.
I'm not sure how far.
I'm just nibbling away at the stats.
Most of the time I don't go past stats 101 but if I get a green light
I will drill down as far as I have to go.

I don't want to start in one program and have to change out and learn
another.
I would rather start with some excess capacity and never use it.

It is always a hard decision whether to do the number crunching
inside or outside of AB.
I was thinking of manipulating Fdata outside and only working inside
if it involves price.

It will be interesting to see which software you choose and why.

OK OK OK I'll send your bounce bounce bounce back back back.

Brian.