[amibroker] Interactive Brokers Data Storage

I use IB for my data feed and understand they do not provide tick
data.  What I want to do is run N-Volume charts for futures contracts,
but the only way to do it is to set database settings to tick.

OK.  I did this and, of course, IB gagged.  I set my chart to 50V and
went back to DB settings and set it to a 5 second interval (local
storage enabled, 25000 bars).  All seemed well as the charts stayed at
50V and the data was filling in the candles, moving to the next after
50 contracts.  Yay, I was happy, for a while.

At the end of the day I shut down AB and got a few chores done.  I
came back and restarted AB (TWS was still running).  Horror of
horrors, I had lost all data for this week except today from about
1:00 pm EDT. Backfilling doesn't retrieve it, though it does at a 1
minute interval and gets back to about 8:00 am this morning at 15 seconds.

I thought with local data storage enabled, the RT data would be cached
so that a backfill from the external source would not be required.

Any tips for a confused newbie?