[amibroker] Re: multi-monitor question

Howard, thanks for the reply.

My two LCDs are of different size and different resolution, I
understand your idea and I am already using AA windows/formula
editors on the second screen, but when it comes to chart display, it
is not convenient to resize the AB main program window to fill the
whole two screen and resize the chart windows within it , cuz unlike
what it deals with layouts, workspaces,  AB cannot memorize all
these  resizings, you have to repeat the resize/rearrange operation
every monring you open the program.  So now I decide to settle down
with the idea of running two instances of AB, that works well with
multi-monitors.

kindest regards

itmwh

-
-- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Howard B" <howardbandy@xxx> wrote:

> Hi --
>
> Windows XP?!
>
> You have several choices when setting up multiple monitors.  If
both
> monitors are the same physical size and support the same
resolution (say,
> 1680 x 1050), Windows allows them to be seen as a single monitor
(3360 x
> 1050).  In my experience, this works best when the two monitors are
> identical and run off the same graphics card.  Since most
applications are
> written with the expectation that they will be displayed on a
monitor that
> is roughly 4x3 or 3x2 in pixels, you may not get what you hope for
with this
> setup.
>
> If the monitors have different physical size or are the same
physical size
> but do not support the same resolution or you simply want two
separate areas
> of monitor real estate, then set them up as two monitors -- one is
the
> Windows primary monitor, the other an Extension.  This is the more
typical
> setup.  You can drag any application  from its original location
on the
> primary monitor to the extension.  So you can have the AmiBroker
chart on
> your primary monitor and the afl editor on the extension, for
example.

> Howard
> www.quantitativetradingsystems.com
>

> On 4/29/07, itmwh <toxutao@xxx> wrote:
> >
> >   I learned from past post that you can spread one instance of
AB across
> > two LCD screens and open many charts in it. I tried to this
without
> > success, the charts are not properly displayed, since one of my
LCD is