Re: [amibroker] multi-monitor question

Hi --

Windows XP?!

You have several choices when setting up multiple monitors.  If both monitors are the same physical size and support the same resolution (say, 1680 x 1050), Windows allows them to be seen as a single monitor (3360 x 1050).  In my experience, this works best when the two monitors are  identical and run off the same graphics card.  Since most applications are written with the expectation that they will be displayed on a monitor that is roughly 4x3 or 3x2 in pixels, you may not get what you hope for with this setup.

If the monitors have different physical size or are the same physical size but do not support the same resolution or you simply want two separate areas of monitor real estate, then set them up as two monitors -- one is the Windows primary monitor, the other an Extension.  This is the more typical setup.  You can drag any application  from its original location on the primary monitor to the extension.  So you can have the AmiBroker chart on your primary monitor and the afl editor on the extension, for example.

Howard
www.quantitativetradingsystems.com