Re: [amibroker] Running AB on an iMAC

Al,

For almost a year I have run AB realtime with eSignal on a 1.5GB iMac
20" 2GHz core duo with Windows XP personal and Parallels.  I have an
additional monitor also --17" std and 20" widescreen match pixel
density to the 20" iMac.  I would not go with a 17" iMac for a number
of reasons.  Everything runs like a dream.  I have run  it since
Parallels first came out.  Using coherence mode, AB acts like it is a
native OS X app (except the UI is not very Mac like of course).  I do
not run any Windows app if there is an equivalent on OS X app --to
keep the machine clean of "malware".  I tried out WINE but got
discouraged very quickly with the interface and lack of support for
so many apps.  I do not need to waste my time trying to save a little
money.  The productivity is worth more to me.   I also want to be
able to run anything I need under Windows in the future.

If I had to do it over again, I would do the exact same thing!

Disclosure: Running Macs since 1984.  I have several Macs and no PCs
(well I guess Microsoft would claim that I have a PC now).  I had a
real W98 PC once for stock programs, but it died and I refused to get
another one --the experience was less than satisfactory.

Dennis