From: C W
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 7:54 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: IB Real Time Bars

Hi Tomasz,

When I select bid, ask or midpoint it always gives me the bid price for my forex currencies. Do you know why this is happening?

Thanks,
Chris

Tomasz Janeczko <groups@xxxxxxxxxxcom> wrote:
Hello,

I wrote:
>> Stocks, futures and all other symbols use actual TRADE prices.
>>
>> http://www.amibroker.com/video/ib.html

> "The settings are for Forex only" ... does this imply that the IB
> plug-in is for Forex only?
Of course not. Did you read the instructions ?
http://www.amibroker.com/ib.html - they clearly lists stocks, futures, indices.

Did you watch the video I pointed out previously:
http://www.amibroker.com/video/ib.html ?

It clearly shows that I added MSFT and got data.

> "The settings are for Forex only"
means that the SETTINGS are for forex.
For ALL OTHER categories of symbols this setting DOES NOT
matter. Simply because for all other categories there are TRADES
made at TRADE PRICE.

(In forex market there is no such thing as "trade price" because
you don't deal with other participants - you deal only with the broker/dealer
always at bid (when you sell) and always at ask( when you buy).
Forex dealers do not report volume of trading and they do not
send "trade" ticks. They only send bid/ask data ).

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com