[amibroker] Re: Position Score

Thanks, for the reply. Please read my question more carefully. I
understand what positonscore is suppose to do. Lets assume that I
want to use the value of a variable var1 as a tiebreaker to enter
into trades, so I set PositionScore = var1;. var1 takes on values
from -100 to 100. If I understand it clearly, positionscore uses the
absolute value of var1. Therefore, var1=-100 & var =100 have the same
absolute value as tiebreakers. So my question is twofolds:

1. Is the above explation true?

2. if so, what is the merit of positionscore using absolute value?
specially when I can use postionscore = abs(var1).

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "vlanschot" <vlanschot@xxx> wrote:

> Please read the manual more thoroughly:
>
> USING POSITION SCORE
>
> You can use new PositionScore variable to decide which trades
should
> be entered if there are more entry signals on different securities
> than maximum allowable number of open positions or available funds.
> In such case AmiBroker will use the absolute value of PositionScore
> variable to decide which trades are preferred.
>
> Clearly AB needs to know which trade you want to enter if your
> signals exceed your MaxOpenPos. Therefore the above default rule.
Re