Re: [amibroker] Re: New Yahoo Database

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Gary wrote:

> This is a good start, I will start this little project soon then...
> My goal would be: the data would be just like the way I am doing now,
> all the scans are done and the database would have all eod data from
> yesterday when I look at charts. I just need to go through a short
> list of stocks as the results of automated scans.
> I don't really care how many stocks get deleted/added each day
> either, if we download and refresh the database everyday then I guess
> we don't need to worry about this problem.

There is only one problem with the approach of essentially re-creating
the database as I do periodically with the data that Jim so generously
provides - and that is any studies I have created are lost, as I believe
these are stored in the same files as the data is.  It would be nice to
have a migration tool to copy them over from the old database files.
Alternatively, it probably wouldn't be too big a deal to write a utility
program that compares the old database files with the new ones and just
adds/deletes the changes to the existing database rather than doing a
complete change-over.   A project for when I have a little more time.

                                  Nick

                   Help fight the war against Spam;
       Erase all addresses before forwarding any item of email.