[amibroker] Re: New Yahoo Database

No...no...Nick, the automated script won't delete the ticker filename
that is stored in certain AB directories, instead, the script would
utilize AB (will automatically open AB) and call the import function
(OLE automation) and refresh the current data with new data, this
way, any other information won't be lost (studies). Layout directory
won't be touched either.
This full refresh function would probably be done once a week (can be
adjusted) and daily refresh would only be getting daily data instead
of full refresh.
Eventually when AB is closed (all neccessary process is done - AB
Scans or whatever), another utility/small app. would check if there
is any files that need to be deleted by comparing the full list of
tickers (most likely in a plain text file) with files that are
located in AB database. This utility might be optional though, since
keeping old AB files won't probably hurt too much. (These days hard-
drive cost is getting cheaper and cheaper, and the size is getting
bigger and bigger, and AB database for each ticker is miniscule even
if it had 10-year eod data).

Gary.