Re: [amibroker] OT:24 inch monitor

Hi Ron --

Have you considered using two smaller monitors instead?

The prices for the 24 inch monitors you describe are $618, and $630 plus shipping.

There is a very pronounced knee in the price curve for monitors -- reasonable up to 20 inches, expensive above 20 inches.

I am using several Samsung 20 inch monitors.  I have one computer set up with two 20 inch monitors side by side giving a screen that is 34 inches wide by 10.75 inches high (actual measurement).  The resulting resolution is 3360 by 1050 pixels.  Here is the Newegg URL for the monitor:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16824001087

These cost $245 including shipping.

You will need a graphics card that supports two monitors -- I use a GeForce 7600 that cost about $110, but I am not sure that exact model is still available.

At any rate -- the 34 inch wide dual monitor set up costs less than a single 24 inch (diagonal) monitor.

Thanks,
Howard
www.quantitativetradingsystems.com