[amibroker] Re: help with weighted index

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Waleed Khalil <waleedkhalil@xxx>
wrote:

> Brian, finally i have made it , it works great.

Hello Waleed Khalil,

Thanks for the feedback.
Your code looks good.

I had just uploaded some example files when I saw your post.
They are superfluous now but I will leave them up for a while as they
might help someone else.

CompareIndexToPortfolio folder.
WeightedIndex.doc
WeightedIndexes.xls

I downloaded a few bars as per carlacash26's code, ran the scan and
exported all the data into Xcel.
The yellow cells are the equivalent of the composite calculated in
Xcel from the raw data.
It matches the exported values for ~test.

CC26's modified code

////START OF CODE

weight =
IIf( Name() == "AA", 5,
IIf( Name() == "C", 4,
IIf( Name() == "CAT", 6,
IIf( Name() == "GE", 7,

AddToComposite( weight * O, "~test", "O" );
AddToComposite( weight * H, "~test", "H" );
AddToComposite( weight * L, "~test", "L" );
AddToComposite( weight * C, "~test", "C" );

Buy = 0;

PlotForeign("~test","test",colorBlack,styleCandle);

////END OF CODE

Brian_z