[amibroker] Re: Your 5 most important backtest statistics

> I could hold my end up in the *stats can't be relied on* argument
but I
> don't think I have the time right now.

Good comments.  As for the "stats can't be relied on" I think a solid
argument could be made for this on the general consensus.  But I also
believe every variable has its place in trading.  Of course, this is
assuming you don't just take those statistics at face value.
Depending on how you test your systems, you are able to see which
variables are showing you what you want to see as opposed to how they
will actually hold up in real time trading.  I think most traders
initially get fooled by fantastic numbers that they don't
sufficiently run stress tests on their systems.  Even then the
statistics gathered can only provide a guide.  Different things work
for different traders.

Cheers!
David