[amibroker] Re: AD-NYSE for IB feed

Hi Steve,

try iqfeed and they have almost all kinds of in-house indices, it's
about $50 per month plus exchange fee, if you trade stocks only, it's
about $6 extra. don't waste time on coding.

Eric

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "scourt2000" <stevehite@xxx> wrote:

> Why don't we all just admit what's going on here with these
> Interactive Brokers "special symbol cases": it was a terrible design
> decision made by IB and the charting vendors are left holding the
> bag to come up with a workaround so they can be plotted just as
> easily as data that comes in on the LAST.
>
> What I don't like about Amibroker's "workaround" to this problem is
> that it's passing on the burden to the end-user to deal with this IB
> abomination when it should be dealt with as a special case by the
> charting package (specifically, the inside the IB plugin) so that is
> is EASY to plot NYSE advancers/decliners and NYSE up volume/down
> volume in real-time.
>
> DDE? ODBC?  Are you guys (Tomasz, Marcin) serious?
>
> I even heard something like using AddToComposite() as a
> workaround.   This is not what the end-user wants.  This information
> updates once every 6 seconds.
>
> Tomasz, maybe I'm way off base here and I just don't understand how
> to do it, but show me in 3 lines of AFL code how to plot the NYSE
> advance/decline ratio in real-time in candle plot form using the IB
> plugin.
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bill Schmidt" <wjschmidt@>
> wrote:
> >
> >  From AB support:
> > "Natively it's not possible to store bid/ask prices in AmiBroker
> database,
> > so the only workaround would be to catch Bid prices in the LAST
> field when
> > using DDE plugin. Alternatively - please search for an engine that
> will
> > allow you to store the quotes in the SQL database and then - use
> ODBC
> > plugin:
> > http://www.amibroker.com/odbc.html";
> >

> > On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:30:14 -0400, James <jamesmemphis@> wrote:
> >
> > > My attempt at breadth for IB. I am getting the data from IB, but
> > > cannot get AB to "record" the data, so all I get is a flat line
> across
> > > the chart (or 3 flat lines in this case) representing the last
> values.
> > > Is there a way to keep the data throughtout the day so you can
> see the
> > > trend of the breadth? Also, if there is a more efficient way of
> writing
> > > this code, please advise. -jk
> > >
> > > Title= "NYSE Adv-Dec Issues";
> > > //Attempt to Plot Advancing - Declining Issues on NYSE
> > > Advancing = GetRTDataForeign( "Bid", "AD-NYSE-NYSE-IND" );
> > > Declining = GetRTDataForeign( "Ask", "AD-NYSE-NYSE-IND" ) * -1;
> > > Breadth = Advancing + Declining;
> > > Plot( Breadth, _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "A/D color",
> colorBlack ),
> > > ParamStyle("A/D style", styleThick ) );
> > > Plot( Advancing, "ADV", ParamColor( "ADV color", colorGreen ),
> > > ParamStyle("ADV style") );
> > > Plot( Declining, "DEC", ParamColor( "DEC color", colorRed ),
> > > ParamStyle("DEC style") );

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM