[amibroker] Re: A good book?

Yuki,

Of course, I can only ever speak for myself.

You are obviously more knowledgeable in this area than I, although I
have heard of the learning types.

The question is: Does AB explain herself well?

Your eager student,

BrianB2.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxx> wrote:

> Hi brian.z123,
>
> Monday, March 12, 2007, 7:06:55 AM, you wrote:
>
> bz> To the teachers.
>
> bz> I believe that in spite of Gigabytes of support over the
> bz> years,explaining itself is Ami's weakest link, so I appreciate
your
> bz> efforts to get it out there.
>
> bz> Some feedback for you.
>
> bz> Despite the fact that video, audio etc is fashionable I
personally am
> bz> not a fan of it as a teaching medium.
>
> However, from a teaching effectiveness standpoint, it is not what
the
> teacher prefers, but what works for the student.  Teacher
preferences
> are irrelevant unless they can be proven effective via student
> outcomes.
>
> Some learn best from visual stimulation, others from audio, even
> others, via tactile.  Some, in fact, need an assorted combination.
> But one size does not fit all.  This much we have come to
understand.

> bz> I still like a book as I can read it in bed or in another
environment
> bz> other than my office.
> bz> For electronic teaching I prefer PDF, a space efficient book.
> bz> A picture is worth a thousand words and PDF is the perfect
blend of
> bz> pictures and words all in an electronically portable format.
>
> You have described, perfectly, what works best for you.  However
what
> works best for you will not necessarily work best for others.  I'm
> going to go out on a limb and hypothesize that you already knew as
> much.  ^_^
>
> Teachers' personal teaching preferences, therefore, are absolutely
> unreliable as guides to effective teaching methodology.
>
> Student outcomes rule!
>
> I'll take on all comers here, thank you.  The queue forms behind
> Brianz123.
>
> Yuki

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM