Re: [amibroker] Re: A good book?

Hi brian.z123,

Monday, March 12, 2007, 7:06:55 AM, you wrote:

bz> To the teachers.

bz> I believe that in spite of Gigabytes of support over the
bz> years,explaining itself is Ami's weakest link, so I appreciate your
bz> efforts to get it out there.

bz> Some feedback for you.

bz> Despite the fact that video, audio etc is fashionable I personally am
bz> not a fan of it as a teaching medium.

However, from a teaching effectiveness standpoint, it is not what the
teacher prefers, but what works for the student.  Teacher preferences
are irrelevant unless they can be proven effective via student
outcomes.

Some learn best from visual stimulation, others from audio, even
others, via tactile.  Some, in fact, need an assorted combination.
But one size does not fit all.  This much we have come to understand.

bz> I still like a book as I can read it in bed or in another environment
bz> other than my office.
bz> For electronic teaching I prefer PDF, a space efficient book.
bz> A picture is worth a thousand words and PDF is the perfect blend of
bz> pictures and words all in an electronically portable format.

You have described, perfectly, what works best for you.  However what
works best for you will not necessarily work best for others.  I'm
going to go out on a limb and hypothesize that you already knew as
much.  ^_^

Teachers' personal teaching preferences, therefore, are absolutely
unreliable as guides to effective teaching methodology.

Student outcomes rule!

I'll take on all comers here, thank you.  The queue forms behind
Brianz123.

Yuki

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM