[amibroker] Re: A good book?

To the teachers.

I believe that in spite of Gigabytes of support over the
years,explaining itself is Ami's weakest link, so I appreciate your
efforts to get it out there.

Some feedback for you.

Despite the fact that video, audio etc is fashionable I personally am
not a fan of it as a teaching medium.

I still like a book as I can read it in bed or in another environment
other than my office.
For electronic teaching I prefer PDF, a space efficient book.
A picture is worth a thousand words and PDF is the perfect blend of
pictures and words all in an electronically portable format.

In both cases they are superior to other forms of publishing because
they provide pause and flick back with ease, demand a disciplined and
structured delivery and accept diagrams/other formats readily.
They also provide for full annotation and bibliographies etc as well
as allowing the author to edit at will.

I find videos/camstasia etc too light in content, too slow while
waiting for delivery and too hard to pause and go back to the points
of interest for a second read.
It's a hell of a process, when using video, to go back and do re-
takes to edit in new material.

Also there is a huge problem for teachers and authors today.
24 hours after publishing their work it can be copied and on the net
for free.

How are they going to get paid in that environment?

Should we just go with the flow and give it away and find other ways
to get paid for our knowledge/experience; tutoring, seminars etc?

Or what?

BrianB2.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mytakeismine" <mytakeismine@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi I'm having a tough time doing what I want with AMI. Can any one
> suggest a good programming book that would be similiar to AMI that
> would be helpfull to a newbie?
>
> Or is there any one from Minnesota that would have some time for
> periodic questions, I know thats asking alot!
>
> Thanks
> mytake

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM