Re: [amibroker] missing symbols help please

> TJ> 3.
> TJ> Not everything can be put on "top level" menu. Anyway - you can
> TJ> assign custom keyboard shortcut to any menu so you are free
> TJ> to assign this too.
>
> Really?  Can you give me an example of how I can customize the
> context menu like that?  I'd love to do it.

Yuki, you are not reading carefully. I wrote: "you can  assign custom ***KEYBOARD*** shortcut"
FYI: the context menu is a duplicate of what you see in Symbol->Watch List-> submenu.
And they are identical in both places. This is what it called consistency.
And I consider it advantage. "Most often use" thinking lead to some flawed designs.
Microsoft has tested this idea on their "dynamic" menus that change all the time
depending on how frequently you use given feature. I turn this off
as soon as I can and I know that lots of others do. Consistency is good.
Watch for next "most frequent use" approach in Office 2007. They made HUGE
"Paste" button and put it as a very first button in the toolbar
because people people use Paste most often according to
their "research". http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archive/2005/09/14/467126.aspx
 They just forgot one simple fact that most do pastes by Ctrl+V
and not by pressing toolbar.

What I may do in the future is just to remove the "Delete" item from context menu
so people won't be able click it (and subsequent confirmation box) without thinking
(the only way to delete symbol will be to go to Symbol top menu).

And no, I don't want UI polls. They are useless. To paraphase some joke that I heard
"where there are 2 people discussing UI there are already 3 different opinions about it".

> "Would you really like to launch this nuclear missile -- this action
> CANNOT be undone?",

And comparing deleting single symbol data (that definitelly CAN be undone by re-importing
the data) to lauching nuclear missile is HUGE,  I mean HUGE exaggeration.
No thank you I don't want to discuss things that way. EOT.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com