[amibroker] Coloring the chart in accordance with the trend

Hi all,

I'm trying every way to color a chart in accordance with the usual
definition of trend (uptrend with higher highs and higher lows and
downtrend with lower lows and lower highs) but cannot come up with
anything that works as it should.

The idea is to obtain a chart similar to those of PowerSwings, such as
the one attached.

I'm using the Trough and Peak functions but have reached a degree of
convolutedness and confusion that I'm sure to stand now at the
I-absolutely-need-help point.

Is there someone that has worked on a similar project or knows a way to
do it?

Thanks in advance.