RE: [amibroker] Re: Adding Buy & Hold Metric to backtest

Open a chart with your benchmark symbol.

Click the button ! To open the AA window.

In the AA window click the Edit button.

In the AA window Click Current Symbol in the Apply To setting

Click the From button in the Range frame. Then enter the from and to dates
you've been using.

Make sure you have delay = 0 and "O" in the Trades tab of the settings.

In the Edit Window click the New icon.

Enter the following:

Buy = 1;
Sell = 0;

Click the ! Drop dropdown button in the edit window. Then select backtest.

When finished you should have 1 line in the results list of the AA window.
The buy date should show the same date as the from date in the AA window. If
it doesn't then you don't have enuf history on your benchmark symbol.

To see the results of buy and hold either use the line in the relults list
or click on the report button and read them.