[amibroker] Re: My First system

Well, hi there partner,

There is some code for divergence in the AFL library.
I noticed it there the other day but I didn't open the files.

Depending on your idea of a peak/trough I have used simple code to
identify peaks and troughs in the past (don't get too excited, I'm
not a programmer just a hungry trader).
I have also measured the relationships between peak-peak and trough-
trough and backtested without any problems.

In a post a while back JohnR (I think) gave some code for
peaks.troughs that isn't forward looking (suitable for backtesters)
while I posted a lookforward one for use in charts as a visual aid
only.
My backtest suitable code is similar to Johns.

I kept away from zigzag etc but there is usually more than one way to
skin a cat.

Anyway, the forum eats that stuff for breakfast.

*I know nothink!*

.....but I am up to work on it with you as you use it while I am a
skeptic so that is a good combo.

Brian.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sursod" <sursod@xxx> wrote:

> [...]
> Higher High while price prints Lower High. Constance Brown
> (Technical Analysis for the Trading professional) describes this as
> a find, but to know the secret (targets et al) you have to pay more
> for her subscription service. Just another example of the
bottomless
> pit of demand for saleable holy grails.
> Sursod
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian.z123" <brian.z123@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Sursod,
> >
> > I bookmarked your post.
> >
> > email me brian.z123@
> >
> >  if you want some feedback later when I do a study on RSI & SRSI
> as
> > discussed by you.
> > I will mail you off the air if I find anything worth sharing or
if
> > disagree with your findings.
> > It will be a while as I have a lot of work in front of me at the
> > moment.
> >
> > I'm going to continue discussion within the forum, according to
> the
> > guidelines, when and where it suits me.
> >
> > As it happens I don't actually want to be personally involved in
> long
> > discussions on OT issues.
> > (I wouldn't put your post in that category).
> > I am happy to exchange core info within the forum (as we did in
> this
> > discussion) and then follow up on the leads privately.
> >
> > In this case, I couldn't go with you in an intelligent discussion
> on
> > RSI, bound indicators etc but after I do some homework on the
> topic I
> > would like to swap notes.
> >
> > If anything interesting comes out of that and you want to share
in
> > the forum I am sure a % of users would be interested.
> >
> > Brian.
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sursod" <sursod@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Brian,
> > > Thank you for the kind words, I was worried my verbosity would
> be
> > > read as gibberish. In order not to stray from the straight and
> > > narrow path of coding I will refrain from the temptation of
more
> > > verbosity.
> > >
> > > Personally I would rather skip or delete posts than risk boxing
> in
> > > topics so tightly ideas die before they have a chance to grow.
> On
> > > the other hand this board is so exceptional in being helpful,
> and
> > > the developer is so extraordinary in reading and responding to
> > posts
> > > I will try not to clutter with chatter even if I disagree with
> any
> > > form of self appointed police.
> > >
> > > Just one last silliness: Tomasz do you ever sleep or stop to
> eat,
> > > you and Amibroker are truly exceptional!

System