[amibroker] Re: My First system

Hi Brian,
Will do.
To wind up our RSI discussion I am sure you know the "countertrend
bias" of RSI give rise to positive divergence at bottom (price makes
Lower Low while RSI makes Higher Low) and negative divergence at top
(price makes Higher High while RSI makes Lower High). Does
divergence nail bottoms and tops? Nothing is sure, but it is a good
tool. The naked eye can see troughs and peaks qualitatively (I mean
screen out noise of intermediate peaks and troughs if need be) but I
have never learned how to make AB do this beyond the very short time
frame of counting all peaks and troughs at the next bar. I can't use
zigzag, peak or trough commands as they look in the future. I hope
AB will reveal the codes for zigzag, that might help me the non-
programmer figure out a way of building positive and negative
divergence codes that look beyond minor peaks and troughs without
looking in the future. I am sure some of you code wizards know how,
do tell.

RSI can also make "positive divergence" in bear markets by printing
Higher High while price prints Lower High. Constance Brown
(Technical Analysis for the Trading professional) describes this as
a find, but to know the secret (targets et al) you have to pay more
for her subscription service. Just another example of the bottomless
pit of demand for saleable holy grails.
Sursod

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian.z123" <brian.z123@xxx>
wrote:

> Sursod,
>
> I bookmarked your post.
>
> email me brian.z123@xxx
>
>  if you want some feedback later when I do a study on RSI & SRSI
as
> discussed by you.
> I will mail you off the air if I find anything worth sharing or if
> disagree with your findings.
> It will be a while as I have a lot of work in front of me at the
> moment.
>
> I'm going to continue discussion within the forum, according to
the
> guidelines, when and where it suits me.
>
> As it happens I don't actually want to be personally involved in
long
> discussions on OT issues.
> (I wouldn't put your post in that category).
> I am happy to exchange core info within the forum (as we did in
this
> discussion) and then follow up on the leads privately.
>
> In this case, I couldn't go with you in an intelligent discussion
on
> RSI, bound indicators etc but after I do some homework on the
topic I
> would like to swap notes.
>
> If anything interesting comes out of that and you want to share in
> the forum I am sure a % of users would be interested.
>
> Brian.
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sursod" <sursod@> wrote:
> >
> > Brian,
> > Thank you for the kind words, I was worried my verbosity would
be
> > read as gibberish. In order not to stray from the straight and
> > narrow path of coding I will refrain from the temptation of more
> > verbosity.
> >
> > Personally I would rather skip or delete posts than risk boxing
in
> > topics so tightly ideas die before they have a chance to grow.
On
> > the other hand this board is so exceptional in being helpful,
and
> > the developer is so extraordinary in reading and responding to
> posts
> > I will try not to clutter with chatter even if I disagree with
any
> > form of self appointed police.
> >
> > Just one last silliness: Tomasz do you ever sleep or stop to
eat,
> > you and Amibroker are truly exceptional!
> > Sursod
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Ho" <paultsho@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Totally agree with the sentiment!
> > > there are plenty of other forum for general discussion.
> > > /Paul.
> > >
> > >   _____
> > >
> > > From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

40yahoogroups.com>