[amibroker] Re: Explorations Not Updating Data

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Charles J. Dudek" <trader@xxx> wrote:

> I am having a problem when running explorations that most but not all
> symbols are using the latest data.  (Yes, "wait for backfill" is
> checked). For example, this morning I ran one at around 11:30 that
> provided data for certain symbols (around 20%) as of yesterday's
> close.  When I look at individual charts they are up-to-date.
> According to Marcin, this is because I am exceeding my eSignal symbol
> limit.  But according to eSignal I am allowed to look at an unlimited
> number of symbols, up to 100 AT THE SAME TIME, like in a quote screen,
> which is empty in my case.   I tried reducing the database setting to
> a maximum of 50 and that stopped the "over limit" error messages from
> eSignal, but I'm still having a problem with some symbols not
> updating.  Are any of you having similar problems?  Can you think of
> anything I can try to fix this?
>
> Chuck

Hello Chuck and anyone who cares to help,

I am also having problems with my data not updating.  I am using
esignal RT and running scan or exploration with "wait for backfill"
checked.  I am using Amibroker 4.89.

I actually tried forcing backfill, and my data dissappeared in front of
me for the last 3 or 4 months or so.  I have checked the same symbols
in esignal charting package and all data is there.  This happened on
EOD/Intraday mixed, but I copied my database and made it EOD only and
am currently forcing backfill on all my symbols (which appears to work,
but I really want intraday as well)...It is a very long process right
clicking and forcing the backfill by hand, but since the "wait for
backfill" doesn't overwrite (as far as I know) this is my only option
at this stage.

Is there any way to "force backfill" automatically (i.e. where it
actually replaces data back to the beginning) using AFL in a scan or
exploration?

I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks
Sam