[amibroker] Finding last import date in AFL

I'd like to write a custom importer for ASX data using the
float.com.au site.
I can write some code to download the file, but I have a couple of
questions on the next bits:
1. Importing into Amibroker. Looks like I can use the
application.import method, but I can't seem to find any documentation
or examples for this? Can anyone point me in the right direction?
2. I want to be able to 'catch-up', so I would need to know the date
of the most recent data. I'm thinking I could use an example stock or
index for this: eg if the last quote was 4 days ago, then I would
download the last 3 days, etc. Does anyone have the AFL code for
finding this piece of information?

Thanks