[amibroker] Re: Group, sector & industry names

Thanks for the replies Graham and areehoi

I was hoping to do this procedure programmatically rather than
manually done as I run my script everyday scanning and importing
data from Bloomberg terminal.
Many of the sectors/industries categorized using commas, so the
original formats have comma included already.

Thanks again,

Gary.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "areehoi" <rhoierman@xxx> wrote:

> The easiest way to so this is Go to Symbols> then to Catagories>
then
> to Industry and to the one you want to change, click on Edit and
> change name. Curious ... why would you want to change name?? If you
> are using the Yahoo (Hemscott) ot IBD I would see no need to
change.
> On second problem you shouldn't use comas in database as it is
usally
> used as seperator in ASCII (CVS) files. If possible eliminate all
> prevnet future problems.
>
> Dick H.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary" <ghost200_2000@> wrote:
> >
> > I remember reading something about assigning/changing groupname
> > programmatically through AFL, I think this question was raised
by
> > Graham.
> > I was trying to search through the messages to find whether
there is
> > a solution to this, but I couldn't find it. On you sencond
porblem
> one should never use comas in database.  G thorugh it an delete
whee
> possible as most ASCII (cvs) files use coma as sepertor.
> > I had this problem and still trying to find a better solution,
from
> > time to time, I need to replace/change the group/industry names
as
> > they are always changing every once in a while.
Reloading/refreshing