[amibroker] Re: DDE Excel

Tomasz, thanks for your ref. to ODBC plugin, I have to look into
this, am unfamiliar with this right now.

Re. DDE the reason for using Excel in between External Data and
AmiBroker (by 2 DDE links) is that by connecting directly:

External Data ->>DDE (plugin)->>AmiBroker

there would be no room for bid and ask to be "stored and
plotted"  as arrays (forgive my amateur speak, I am no programmer).
The only price field in the DDE plugin configuration that is actually
stored is "Last" (next to Volume, I think).

I cannot use any of the other fields like Open, High etc, to pull in
bid and ask because these are not stored tick-wise: I need "tick" bid
and ask plots for the complete current day from market open
(IB's "snapshot ticks" are ok for me).

I don't think this is a DDE plugin limitation; it is just not part of
the program's structure to provide space for bid and ask to be
stored. For that reason GetRTData also won't do the job for me.

Consequently the only way to do this is to define bid and ask as
separate tickers. And that is where, until now, Excel seems
indispensable.

If I'm missing something and you have any additional advice for me
this would be highly appreciated. Thanks very much.

-treliff

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>