Re: [amibroker] Re: DDE Excel

Hello,

For your specific case.

Use IB plugin
http://www.amibroker.com/ib.html

and GetRTData
http://www.amibroker.com/f?getrtdata

GetRTData("Bid") GetRTData("Ask")

Also orignal enquiry was not about storing data but
about communication.
If you want to store any "extra" data it is much better
choice to use SQL database and ODBC plugin to read data
from SQL database:
http://www.amibroker.com/odbc.html

Excel is NOT a database management system.

For general case:
if you pull data from external source to EXCEL via DDE
and then from Excel to AmiBroker it makes no sense
because you can connect to external source directly.

Look:

Instead of

External Data ->>DDE->> EXCEL ->>DDE (plugin)->> AmiBroker

Just take shorter path:

External Data ->>DDE (plugin)->>AmiBroker

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com