Re: [amibroker] Detecting a Sideways Market

Hey,

Would appreciate if u can add the afl's and a short description about this method.
Also if possible add afl's on ADXR, PDI and MDI

Regards and thanx
Mithil

Rakesh Sahgal <rakeshsahgal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:                                  The relationshp between the ADX & ADXR and the relationship between ADX and PDI & MDI is in my experience a good way to filter out non-trending issues/markets.

For a market to be trending one of the two conditions have to be met.

1. ADX is greater than ADXR
2. ADX is between PDI & MDI

HTH

Regards

On 11/17/06, Wes Smith < wes_zoltran@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Apologies for the double post .. I had previously posted this under the wrong subject line.

I am experimenting with various methods in AFL to detect a sideways, choppy market condition and reduce wipsaws.

I've used various methods, such as a 14 period CCI within the +/- 100's,  Trend Intensity index, BBand contraction, etc..
But am not 100% happy with the results.

I'd appreciate any insight/ suggestions on how other users have accomplished this.

Thanks in advance,

Wes