[amibroker] Tomasz - Please Help !!

Hello Tomasz,

I started AB this morning and *again* my params were reset to defaults. This time only some charts were reset, others looked OK, so I did some investigation.  I made a copy of broker.params and opened it in Notepad to look around. Using the "Find..." feature of Notepad, I searched for the chart numbers of some charts that were OK, and as far as I could tell the params looked OK. Then I tried to Find the chart numbers of some charts where params were reset but Notepad could not find any of these chart ID's - these charts were not saved to the file for some reason when I shut down AB last night. I closed AB and restarted it, then checked broker.params again and this time it found all chart numbers OK, but the charts where params were recreated with default settings the last time were of course saved with those default settings.

Also, the size of the broker.params file that I copied first (some missing charts) was 281K. The second time (with *all* charts saved, I assume), it was 323K - so it seems that quite a few charts were not written to the file last night. Can you please help?  Do you have any idea why some charts would not be saved?  Would it be possible to make AB automatically create a backup of this file, and maybe a log file that would record what happened if something went wrong?  It is getting very frustrating to try and restore loads of params back to the state where I left them. Thanks very much for any help you can give!

Steve