[amibroker] Re: OT: Statistics

BrianB2,

Since you mention MCS, I assume you've read Nassim Taleb's
excellent "Fooled by randomness"? TJ is planning, in due time, to add
MCS-functionality, and you may look at the comments/requests re MCS
in the feedback centre. Should "true MCS" be added to AB's CBT, you
can do any stats on any trading strategy, and they will no longer be
limited to a bootstrap/deterministic draw.

There are also zillions of stats/quant books on this matter. For
example, if you look at trading in a portfolio setting, take a look
at Grinold & Kahn's "Active Portfolio Management". Alternatively,
just google "amazon statistics trading". You also may like to take a
look at the "Journal of Trading", a new publication by Institutional
Investor (www.iijot.com).

PS