[amibroker] New user question: Scripting issues

Hi all - New member and new user here with a quick question:

Just installed Amibroker 4.8, and I can't get any scripts to work -
not the "cleanup database" script (nothing happens when I click on it)
nor the couple of AFL files that I dropped into my custom folder. I
did check to see that the cleanup.js is in the scripts folder, and it
is; I also checked to make sure that I have Windows Scripting engine
installed and I do. I'm running XP SP2 and have IE6+ installed, if
this is relevant.

I am guessing that it's also possible that I somehow saved my DB
incorrectly - but I downloaded 2 years of data from Yahoo, and from
looking at the charts, it appears to have come thru fine.

I know that this isn't a "support" group, but I thought that someone
here might have run into a similar problem. Any other known issues
that would cause the scripting to fail?

Thanks! - Ali